Skip to main content

Eight minutes to Love

Sitting idle at a coffee bar
Sipping into some hot cappuccino
and life passes by
like a windy day
sunglass stares of the bourgeoisie
honking tonk of the cars
and I wonder what if
I get a glance
oh that woman in the pungent red dress
swaying her hair to the cross
naillpolish tip top-ed up to date
fancy crochet badge
and a heart felt wind carry some
bubbles from a boy in grey
and her hands flow up and down in sway
a heartfelt giggle rings my ears
I turn and fall to ground
no wonder they say
it just takes a moment
moment to sweep you off
i stare i stare
and she smiles away
what wonders have you created oh GOD
crystal bottles chunking to breath
I leave my table to walk a width
and she turns to glance at me
A glance which lasted an eternity
my white shirt drenched in the rain
i walk towards those deep sea eyes
she walks towards me
and every other moving sound
seems to stand still
i meet her at the bottom
of the clinton town hill
they have heart shaped balloons hanging from
a christmas way to welcome
we look at each other with breaths apart
and i think of heaven
she moves her lips
to say something
but all i hear is my own heat beat
beating out of the white checked shirt
i got ironed today evening
and i remind myself
seriously? is that what you can think of now
a damsel in red stands in front
asking a wonder or two
and i say
sorry could you repeat that
my mind shouts at me
dude you are insane you know
a soft whisper leaves her lips
i melt down on the floor
a distant memory rises up
a long dreamt dream drives
a sunday afternoon at the beach
a damsel i had passed by
she remembers my name she said
hello johnathan she smiles
i try to speak
my voice fails me
as i gape at her beautiful eyes
remember we met at the beach party
eight minutes to love she said
i could grab her now
and run away
is all i could think of late
i swear a two in my mind and muster the courage to speak
she puts her hand on my shoulders says a few to leave
and as she turns to cross the road
the man in me awakens
i hold the hand and pull her close
my lips touch the petals
we kiss
we kiss
and we kiss a more
my watch beeps a tone
eight minutes to love
her i have
eight minutes more


- Saswati Barat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Commotion

Let it go Let it stay Let it run But see it does not run away Let it feel Let it touch Let it hold But only till you can behold Sweet noise Purple dust Morning and Twilight of dusk Sincere love Pathetic anyways ? Sooth your heart Open it Smell it But see that you don't hurt it Don't eat it It might not taste so good As it looks to be Be like that Do like this Compare Don't Consult Judge by your brain Not your heart Judge By the ways You have experienced Life And not by the Ways taught to you Sense it And it will be yours May be Forever... - Saswati Barat 1:14 Am May 21,2009

I am Society

I am society I am the mind I am greedy I am the kind I am love And I am peace I am what you Think of me is I twirl and twist And stop the change I break the bottle And shift the phase I am Mighty I am a Beast I can be tasty But I can be least Least bothered Least concerned Lest you make Me feel I am perfect I am time I am mortal I am fine I am a story I am a tale I was the king And the angel I am cold Cold like the mountains And I am warm Warm When the sunshine beats When the grenades fail I am the blanket I inhale All your sorrow All your grief I am old And I am ancient But I am patient I am the society - Saswati Barat

Dedication

Life seems to unfold When you think you have settled down And makes you stir in that comfy seat of yours As if telling you not to just yet Put your guard down And that frown Which finds its way through your face Might project a lot of disgust To life's amusement And bring about that little change you never would have welcomed Could this be a challenge ? Another "life's games" may be ? Or is it much more complex Rather simple in its terms To juggle ones fate In their own hands If you drop it You loose ! And if you don't Master is sure to find a way you do And even if you survive Life ain't gonna make this easy for you Why do we strive so hard So hard in this once in a lifetime ? Purely not indulging to our pleasures To counter react on our impulses Better off Less than Why is it so hard to believe we live And live not for one's sake but life's ? - Saswati Barat